According to CDC, seniors of age 65 and older need at least 150 minutes a week of moderate-intensity activities such as walking, hiking and running. Regular exercise helps in day-to-day activities without becoming dependent on others and helps delay health problems that seem to come with age.
Fitbits are modern design health trackers with the best accuracy and are very easy to use for elderly women. You get a snapshot of your day from step count to distance traveled and calories burned. The extensive health features of Fitbits keep a track of your heart health, oxygen levels, sleep patterns and more.
Here are the 3 best Fitbit for older ladies on the basis of thousands of customer reviews and ratings, specifications of these products and testing by industry experts.
The detailed review of each product is below but if you are in hurry, here are our top 3 picks as the best fitbit for senior women.
- Best Overall & Most Advanced Tracker – Fitbit Charge 5
- Most Stylish & Fanciest – Fitbit Luxe
- Best Fitbit Smartwatch for Senior Women – Fitbit Sense 2
Fitbit products come with all basic health and fitness features like steps and calorie count, distance covered, stress management and daily readiness score.
Here are some of the key features of the 3 best Fitbit devices for senior women.
Related Article: 5 Best Smartwatches with fall detection
3 Best Fitbit for Senior Women – The Detailed Reviews
1. Fitbit Charge 5 – Best Overall & Most Advanced Tracker
Fitbit Charge 5 is the most advanced health and fitness tracker and crowned the best Fitbit for older ladies for its extensive health features, best customer ratings and great reviews from industry experts. Here are some of the key features of Charge 5
- Track Activities: 24/7 heart rate monitor, sleep monitor to understand your sleep quality, pedometer to count daily steps, daily workout memory, calorie burn, skin temperature time display and more
- ECG App: Accesses your heart for atrial fibrillation (an irregular heart rhythm). Also, get heart rate notifications
- Health Metrics: Keep an eye on important health features such as the level of oxygen in your blood (SpO2), heart rate variability (HRV), breathing rate and trends from the past month
- Daily Readiness: This feature uses insights from activity, sleep and heart rate variability and lets you know if you are ready for a workout or prioritize recovery.
- Stress Management: Stress management score to understand how your body reacts to stress and find your calm with expanded mindfulness tools or a detailed breakdown of your stress management score.
- Access Real-Time Information: You can see real-time pace and distance using built-in GPS during outdoor activity, without your phone.
- 20 Exercise Modes: Set personalized goals for running, rides, strength training and more with real-time stats.
- Phone Notifications: Text, call and app notifications.
Fitbit Charges is the best Fitbit for senior women because it has all the health features to enable you to make the best decision for your body, mind and health. It comes with great tech specs including:
- Battery Life – 7 Days
- Screen Size – 1.04 inches
- Connectivity – Bluetooth and GPS
- Waterproofing Rating – Up to 50m
This lightweight (1.02 ounces) and modern design tracker is packed with health features that make it the best Fitbit for the elderly. Senior women can use it to get into shape and observe how their body is doing.
- Most advanced tracker by Fitbit with ultimate health features
- Bright, full-color, ideal for sunlight AMOLED display
- ECG, EDA monitoring, SpO2, skin temperature
- Most accurate pedometer, sleep tracker, heart monitor and calories calculator
- Built-in GPS, 7 days battery life
- Some features behind a paywall
2. Fitbit Luxe – Most Stylish & Fanciest
FitBit Luxe is a fashion-forward and fanciest health and wellness tracker. With its bracelet-like slim and sleek design and all essential health features, it is the best Fitbit for senior woman. The key features of Luxe include:
- Health Features: monitors daily step count, calories burned, 24/7 heart rate and average resting heart rate, breathing rate and more
- Sleep Tracking: Sleep score and sleep tracking patterns for better sleep
- Real-Time Information: Access real-time pace and distance on your wrist without connecting to your smartphone
- Stress Management: Detail breakdown of your stress management score and find your calm with mindfulness tools
- Jewelry Design: Polished stainless steel case and slim design. Vibrant color display and bracelet-like accessories. A timeless piece that complements every outfit in your wardrobe.
- Exercise Modes: 20 Exercise modes for real-time stats during workouts
- Phone Notifications: Shows call, text, calendar and app notifications from your phone when Luxe is within 30 feet of your phone
Fitbit Luxe is the best fitbit for older ladies because of all the essential health-tracking features and beautiful design. Some of the tech specs are:
- Battery Life – 5 Days
- Screen Size – 0.96 inches
- Connectivity – Bluetooth
- Waterproofing Rating – Up to 50m
Luxe is the best choice for women who do not need all the extra health features of Fitbit Charge 5 like ECG, oxygen level, built-in GPS and skin temperature measurements.
- Stylish design with a variety of bands (including some jewelry options) makes it the best Fitbit for senior woman
- Always-on beautiful color display
- Accurate step count and sleep tracking
- Lightweight, comfortable build with customization options
- No ECG, Sp02 and skin temperature tracking
- No built-in GPS
3. Fitbit Sense 2 – Best Fitbit Smartwatch for Senior Women
Fitbit Sense 2 is Fitbit’s flagship health-focused smartwatch. It has all health features and virtual assistants (Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa) combined in one device which makes it the best Fitbit for elderly women who want to follow detailed health trends. The key features of Sense 2 include:
- Extensive Health Features: ECG, 24/7 heart rate and notifications of heart rhythm irregularity, high and low heart rate notifications, skin temperature, blood oxygen levels
- Activities Tracking: Built-in GPS to see the pace and distance while outdoor running, hiking or walking without a smartphone. Accurate step count and distance covered.
- Connectivity: GPS and Bluetooth. Use the mic and speaker of the watch to take Bluetooth calls when the phone is nearby.
- Virtual Assistants: You have Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa access on your wrist to get quick news and set reminders and alarms by just speaking to your watch.
- Daily Readiness: Personalized data to let you know if you are ready to work out or should prioritize recovery.
- Stress Management: EDA scan app detects electrodermal activity to help you understand your body’s response to stress and provide tools to track your stress level and make time for mindfulness.
- Sleep Tracking: Track the quality of sleep with sleep score and better understand your sleep pattern.
The latest tech specification and combined features of all Fitbit products in Fitbit Sense make it the best fitbit for senior woman.
- Battery Life – 6+ Days
- Screen Size – 1.58 inches
- Connectivity – Bluetooth and Built-in GPS
- Waterproofing Rating – Up to 50m
It can play music and you can customize it with hundreds of clock faces and apps.
- Excellent health metrics – ECG, EDA, Sp02, skin temperature, stress management
- Virtual assistants (Google Assist and Alexa) on your wrist
- Customizable – Hundred of clock faces and apps for a personalized experience
- Smartphone connectivity for text, call and app notifications
- Bulky because of bigger size screen
- Features heavy design can be overwhelming for some senior women
The above 3 best Fitbit for older ladies are chosen after detailed research, customer feedback and industry expert reviews.
Here are some of the key factors we kept in mind and you should also take them into consideration before buying the best Fitbit for senior woman and elderly loved ones.
Buyer’s Guide: 5 Factors to Consider to Buy the Best Fitbit for ElderlyWomen
1. Ease of Use
Not all seniors are tech-savvy. Buy a Fitbit product that is easy to use. Most Fitbit products are much easier than smartwatches (Apple and Samsung) and have the same health benefits and features.
Comfortability is also important, all three above Fitbits have comfortable bands and are very lightweight and easy to wear, even at night time.
Related Article: 5 simple pedometers for seniors
2. Accuracy of Tracking
These three Fitbit products have the highest accuracy scores. Fitbit products, in general, are extremely accurate when measuring distance, step count and sleep pattern etc.
3. Extensive Health Features
Both Fitbit Charge 5 and Fitbit Sense come with extensive health features such as step count, distance measurement, oxygen level and heart rate monitoring, sleep pattern monitoring and skin temperature reports.
All above Fitbits also have stress management and daily readiness features which are great additional features in a tracker.
4. Design and Feel
The design and feel of a tracker are very important for seniors, particularly for women. Fitbit Luxe is the most beautiful tracker with a jewelry-like design that will compliment your outfits with customizable accessories.
Not everyone needs the most advanced smartwatch or tracker with additional features that may not be very useful for senior women like listening to music on the run.
The best Fitbit for senior woman is that performs important tasks very well, tracking activities and health features. Seniors prefer performance over loads of other features that they may never use.
Fitbit devices help older adults to get active, help them with their nutrition needs, improve their sleep and overall health and stay on top of their medical conditions. The best Fitbit for older ladies is easy to use and ideal to keep track of their health and fitness goals.
Read More: 20 best gadgets for older adults