According to the latest statistics, YouTube has 450 million users over the age of 55 years, accounting for 17.8% of total YouTube viewers. The stats also show that 88% of those aged 55 and older are using YouTube on a weekly basis.
Seniors use YouTube for entertainment, news, and education. This article shares some of the best YouTube channels for seniors to keep them informed and entertained
10 Best YouTube Channels for Older Adults
Our pick for the top YouTube channels for seniors include
- Sixty and Me
- More Life Health Seniors
- Holy Schmidt!
- Pasta Grannies
- This is our Retirement
- Retirement Travellers
- Rich Bowlin
- Mr. Beast
1: Sixty and Me
Margaret Manning is the founder of Sixty and Me, one of the best blogs for women over 60. The Blog is a community of 500,000+ women over 60 where she helps women of her age to live happy, healthy, and financially secure lives.
Sixty and Me YouTube channel covers everything that boomers and senior women find interesting, including:
- Makeup tutorials
- Health and fitness
- Travel tips
- Fashion trends
- Skincare and hairstyles tips
- Retirement planning and work after retirement
- Healthy aging (Yoga, Nutrition, Weight loss)
- Social life
Margaret shares a video every day. Here are some of the popular videos from the Sixty and Me channel.
- 5 Things women should quit doing after 60
- Losing weight after 60 is possible, Get rid of these 8 things
- 10 Benefits to living alone as an older woman
- Makeup for older women: My 4 minutes routine
- Dealing with loneliness after 60
Margaret Manning is one of the most popular senior YouTubers.
2: More Life Health Seniors
One of the best YouTube channels for seniors to help them improve balance, strength, fitness, flexibility, and movement. Mike Kutcher, a senior’s specialist physiotherapist and Exercise Scientist, helps the elderly with their health and fitness goals.
This channel is useful for over 60s who want to
- Move better and longer
- Have better balance, flexibility, and decrease pain
- Look and feel younger
- Lose weight and get stronger
Mike has spent most of his career working with seniors and specializing in senior’s exercise and fall prevention. This channel will help you get in the best shape of your life.
Some of the popular videos include.
- Leg Strengthening exercises for seniors
- Simple Seated core Strengthening workout for seniors
- Whole Body Chair Exercise for Seniors
- Stretches for Seniors – Do these 4 stretches every day
- Full chair workout – No equipment
You can also check out the More Life Health blog for some incredible health and fitness articles for seniors.
April, a personal trainer with senior fitness, is 59 years old and chose a natural life, embracing her gray hair and wrinkles. She views exercise and healthy living as a vehicle to have a high-quality and active life into your golden years.
With Yes2Next, she captures her own journey and helps people of all ages live joyfully and actively. Staying active can keep your body and mind healthy during your golden years.
April shares the workouts with her 82-year-old mom and each video inspires you to start exercising and doing stuff at any age.
Here are some of the popular videos from Yes2Next.
- 10 Minutes indoor walking workout for seniors
- 20-minute indoor walking workout for seniors
- Gentle stretching for seniors
- Warm up for seniors and beginners
- 10 Minutes stair exercise to build muscles
It is never too late to get moving. April helps seniors make fitness a part of their daily lives with exercise videos, articles, and inspiration on her blog. Yes2Next is one of the best YouTube exercise channels for seniors.
Say “yes” to the next chapter of your life and all that it brings and use exercise and healthy living to have a quality active life.
You can also check out the exercise apps for older adults that I shared earlier.
4: Holy Schmidt!
One of the best YouTube channels for older adults who are planning for retirement or are already retired. Geoffrey Schmidt discusses social security, retirement savings and lifestyle, and retirement “dream jobs”.
Geoffrey, an award-winning author and international speaker, posts videos twice a week. You can also get the easy-to-use “Retirement Ready Checklist” by Geoffrey.
5: Pasta Grannies
Do you love pasta? The Pasta Grannies YouTube channel finds and films real Italian grannies making traditional and delicious handmade pasta. You can watch Italian ‘nonne’ in their homes making traditional pasta dishes.
You will also get recipes for soups, bread, rice dishes, dolci, and more. Pasta Grannies posts videos every Friday, sharing traditions and skills one recipe and granny at a time.
Some of the popular recipes include.
- 91 years old Maria shares her lasagna recipe
- 93 years old Cesaria makes lorighittas pasta
- 101 year old Concettina, the oldest pasta making granny
- Pasta Grannies meet 100 year old Letizia
- 93 year old clara makes the best crunchy creamy cannoli by hand
Pasta Grannies preserve our connection with the past by sharing some of the most authentic and traditional Italian recipes.
6: This is our Retirement
The newly retired Tina and Norm talk about retirement and travel on their YouTube channel. They are traveling to the countries they always wanted to visit but were too busy working.
They also talk about topics that effect retirement such as finance and health. New videos are posted on Saturdays. Here are some of the popular videos from the channel.
- What shocked us about living in Canda, moving from the U.K.
- What shocked us first trip to America
- Things we wished we knew before retirement
- Average net worth of retirees
- Reality of retirement
The channel has lots of videos about Portugal that you can watch if you are planning to visit the beautiful country of Portugal.
7: Retirement Travellers
John and Bev are traveling the world full-time as a senior couple and inspiring others along the way. They share their world travel lifestyle, adventures, and optimistic outlook on life.
The couple started their travel adventures after their early retirement. After completing a 2 years journey in their Airstream to see all 50 states and 51 National parks, they sold their home and started world travel with their backpacks.
They live on the road and travel each week to a new location. John and Bev plan to travel extensively to every part of the world. The couple believes in laughing, loving, and living their lives to the fullest. Here are some of Retirement Travelers’ popular videos.
- Minimalist living by full-time travellers
- How to travel the world for cheap
- How much does it cost to travel the world in retirement
- How to pack light for a long trip
- 5 Things we wished we knew before retirement
John and Bev also have a Retirement Travellers website where they share travel tips for senior travelers.
Ted Talks are short and influential presentations by experts in their field. TED is one of the best youtube channels for older adults to keep them entertained and informed.
The channel features the best Ted Talks from the TED conference by world’s leading thinkers and doers. You can find talks on technology, entertainment, design, science, global issues, arts, and more.
Here are some of the popular Ted Talks.
- How to speak that so that people want to listen
- Looks aren’t everything. Believe me, I’m a model
- What makes a good life? Lessons from the longest study on happiness
- Your body language may shape who you are
- My escape from North Korea
9: Rich Bowlin
iPhone and iPad can make your life easier and help keep the elderly connected, entertained, and informed. Rich Bowlin makes iPhone and iPad easier for seniors.
Each video provides a few tips to make iPhone and iPad easier for you. The easy-to-follow tutorials make the super complicated stuff easy for older adults.
When Rich and his siblings gifted an iPad to his 91-year-old mom, he made a few “training” videos just for her. But the videos proved helpful for thousands of people around the world.
Rich decided to produce a regular stream of YouTube videos to help seniors and beginners learn to use iPhone and iPad.
Here are some of the popular videos from Rich Bowlin channel.
- iPhone tips for seniors – 5 clever ways to use iPhone
- iPad tips for seniors – How to use Apple Pencil
- iPhone tips for seniors – How to use Siri
- iPhone tips for seniors – Basic settings
- iPad tips for seniors – Basic settings
If you want easy-to-follow tutorials to get you up and running with your Apple tech, this channel is for you.
10: Mr. Beast
If you do not know about this YouTube channel, you should. Mr. Beast is the most popular YouTuber across all ages. He pioneered a genre of YouTube videos that center around expansive challenges and stunts.
Here are some of the hundreds of popular videos from Mr. Beast YouTube channel.
- $1 vs $1 Million hotel room
- Last to take hands off jet, keeps it
- World’s most dangerous escape room
- I cleaned the world’s dirtiest beach
- I bought the world’s largest mystery box
Most videos on Mr. Beast’s channel cross the 100 million views mark. That tells you a lot about the quality of the videos he makes. Visit the channel and you will love every video from Mr. Beast.
There you have it, a list of the 10 best YouTube channels for older adults.