Smartphone gaming has become increasingly popular among seniors. Studies have shown immense benefits of video games for the elderly including improved memory, attention, and cognitive skills.
Games improve eye-hand coordination and motor skills and provide a fun experience for older adults.
In this article, I will focus on the best iPhone games for seniors that have excellent ratings and feedback from elderly gamers.
25 Best iPhone Games for Seniors
Enjoy a combination of word games, sports and classic games, trivia puzzles, and brainteasers.
Test your language and vocabulary skills with the 4 best word games for iPhone. I have already shared some of the best word game apps for seniors that you would love.
Wordscapes offers brain-challenging modern puzzles with the best of word searching, anagrams, and crosswords. Connect the letters to find as many hidden words as you can. Stunning landscape backgrounds with beautiful scenery to relax your brain.
- Challenge your vocabulary power. Connect letters to find the words
- The anagram word puzzles start simple but ramp up fast
- Unlimited tries for each level, have unlimited fun
With millions of active players and top ratings, Wordscapes is the #1-word game on the App Store.
This is the newest addition to the Wordscapes family and is already one of the most popular word games in the charts. Search your way through thousands of new word puzzles with beautiful relaxing destinations.
- The offline mode means you can play anywhere without WiFi
- 60,000+ free puzzles to challenge your vocabulary
This game has a relaxing vibe and is ideal for seniors who love crossword puzzles or trivia games. I love the minimal ads and soothing background music of Wordscapes Search.
Visit the wonders of the World and solve the mystery that words hide. Challenge your brain and test your vocabulary as you discover wonders filled with challenging levels. Each wonder is unique and will get progressively harder.
Connect the letters to make a word, without lifting your finger. Words of Wonders has a simple design with a rich word database. I love how puzzles are simple enough to be relaxing rather than frustrating. One of the must-have word games for older adults who like word puzzles.
One of the World’s most popular words game. Unscramble letters, challenge your brain and expand your vocabulary and indulge in a plethora of word games and puzzles with Words with Friends.
- Challenge your friends and family or use the Smart Match to find the perfect opponent
- Fill in the crossword-style puzzle by finding the highest-scoring words on the board
- Solo challenges to play against theme characters
- Quick Play to play words at speed
Complete daily and weekly goals to earn keys and unlock exclusive rewards. Go for multiplayer or solo puzzles.
Give your brain a workout and exercise your cognitive skills with top 5 board games on App Store.
One of the most downloaded and best iPhone games for seniors. Millions of people play Sudoku daily. The app helps the elderly to relax and unwind from stress and keep their brain active.
Thousands of classic puzzles range from easier levels to expert levels.
- Features to guide you when you are stuck (hints, auto-check, and highlighted duplicates)
- Complete daily challenges to get unique trophies
- Seasonal events with unique medals
- Color themes to customize your experience
View statistics to track your progress. Sudoku.com has a realistic experience and feels as good as playing with pencil on a paper.
One of the must-have iPhone games for seniors to have fun, keep their minds active and pass the time in a pleasant way.
One of the most downloaded Jigsaw puzzle games with 13000+ HD pictures. Hours of fun to relax and exercise your short-term memory and concentration.
- HD puzzles from a variety of categories including Colors, Flowers, Nature, Landmarks, Art and more
- Daily updated galleries with fresh puzzles
- Seasonal events and Mystery puzzles
- Up to 400 pieces of puzzles. The more pieces, the harder it comes to solve the puzzle
Helpful hints if you are stuck. Rotation mode to make the game trickier. One of the best iPhone games for older adults who like solving challenging puzzles.
7: NYT Games
The New York Times official app brings puzzles such as the Crossword, Sudoku, Wordle, Spelling Bee, and The Mini together. There are new puzzles daily for every skill level. The best feature of NYT Games is that there are no ads and seniors can play without distraction.
You can play:
- The Crossword: Play the same daily puzzle that is printed in The New York Times. Crosswords increase in difficulty from Monday to Saturday.
- Wordle: Play the original Wordle game, created by Josh Wardle. See if you can guess 5 letters word in 6 tries
- Spelling Bee: See how many words you can make with 7 letters.
- Sudoku: Play a new puzzle every day in easy, medium, and hard mode
- The Mini Crossword: Solve Crossword quickly with simpler clues
Other highlights include Leaderboard to add up to 25 friends. An archive of 10,000 Crosswords and over 2000 Mini Crossword puzzles.
8: Flow Free
One of the simple yet addictive iPhone games for older adults. Connect matching colors with the pipe to create a flow. Pair all colors to cover the entire board to solve the puzzle. Pipes break if they cross or overlap.
Hundreds of levels to play range from simple and relaxing to challenging. Time Trial mode to race against the clock.
- 2500+ free levels with new puzzles daily
- 10 different board sizes
- Free level packs including Bonus, Bridge, Mania, Jumbo
Smooth and colorful UI, cool sound effects, and clear graphics and animations make it a must-try brain puzzle for seniors.
A minimalistic game with the goal to connect the same numbered blocks so they merge into higher numbers. 2248 challenges you to think out of the box and improve your memory, concentration levels, and reflexes simultaneously.
Slide the same numbers in any of the 8 directions (up, down, left, right, or diagonally) to merge and get the highest number possible.
- Smooth and simple controls
- Easy to play, minimalistic, and elegant design
- Global Leaderboard
2248 can be a very addictive game as you try to reach new goals and stay on top of the leaderboard.
The top 4 trivia and quiz games on App Store. Trivia questions from variety of categories.
10: Trivia Star
One of the best iPhone games for older adults who love Trivia. With 1000+ levels, Trivia Star starts as an easy game and gets harder as you level up. Beat the clock to answer the multiple-choice questions.
- 60+ categories including general knowledge, celebrities, animals, movies, TV shows, and more
- Daily bonus coins for free hints if you get stuck
- Over 10,000 questions to answer. Play offline or online
The perfect brain training game with addicting trivia questions that get challenging as you play.
11: Trivia Crack
The hottest trivia game on App Store is where the spinner wheel, Willy, selects the questions you will answer from six different categories. Try to be the first one to get the six crowns to win.
The features that make Trivia Crack one of the best iPhone games for seniors are:
- Hundreds of thousands of exciting questions for you to have unlimited Trivia fun
- Create your own question in the Factory
- Compete with real people in real time, chat with opponents
Trivia Crack is totally irresistible with its massive variety of questions. You get to spin the wheel and actually feel it moving. All your knowledge will come in handy thanks to Trivia Crack.
Note: Also check out Trivia Crack 2 for more Trivia fun.
12: Quizz Land
More than 40,000 trivia questions supported by detailed explanations. A fun and simple trivia game to test your knowledge and challenge your friends. Play solo without waiting for other players to reply.
- A detailed explanation of each question
- Easy, Normal, and Hard difficulty levels
- All questions are filtered by difficulty. You get more points for difficult questions
Coins to buy hints, lives, and other stuff. You can use question hints when feeling stuck including 50/50 (eliminating two incorrect answers), Majority Vote (the option chosen by the majority of players), and Skip Question.
13: Trivia 360
Trivia 360 is one of the must-have iPhone games for seniors in the Trivia category. An easy but addictive game to have fun with and give your IQ a phenomenal boost. Your knowledge of flags and landmarks will also be tested.
- A simple user-friendly interface
- A variety of categories to choose from (music, literature, history, sports etc)
- Great time limits (set to 60,90 or 120 seconds)
Trivia 360 has classic 4 answers questions in different categories and true/false questions as well. The photographs are breathtaking.
The most popular and classic games are available to play on your iPhone.
14: Fruit Ninja
The classic addictive Fruit Ninja that millions love and play daily. The free version of the game is packed with all the features to satisfy your fruit-destroying appetite.
- Classic Mode: Challenge yourself to see how long can you last
- Arcade Mode: Beat the high score to set a new high score
- Zen Mode: Practice your fruit-slicing skills
- Daily challenges and prizes
- Event Mode: Battle against other ninjas to win unique prizes
A wide range of blades and dojos to help you cut your way to the top. Unsheathe your sword and get ready for an action-packed gaming experience.
The old classic Tetris that you always loved and played is available for your iPhone. Hundreds of unique levels. Play a quick round to beat your score or infinite rounds to master your skills in the Single Player Mode.
- Pick between Quick Play Mode (when you have few minutes to play) or Marathon Mode for endless fun
- Complete daily challenges in your favorite modes
- Custom themes, backgrounds, and avatars to customize your experience
Improve your gameplay by learning new tricks. The world’s favorite block puzzle game can be played offline, anywhere. Tetris forever!
16: Candy Crush Saga
Candy Crush Saga is one of the most popular mobile games of all time. Switch and match candies in a tasty adventure to progress to the next level.
You need smart moves and quick thinking to match 3 or more candies in a row. Use boosters wisely, blast the chocolate, and collect sweet candy.
- Thousands of levels in the Candy Kingdom. More levels every 2 weeks
- Easy to Hard levels, play offline or online
- Daily booster wheel to receive free tasty rewards
Explore the candy world with thousands of puzzling challenges and join millions of Candy Crush Saga players. Keep crushing!
17: Angry Birds 2
Angry Birds is one of the best iPhone games for older adults and one of the most popular iPhone games ever. The mission is to save precious eggs. Use the slingshot to fling birds at the piggies’ towers and crash them.
- Multi-stage levels, daily challenges for quick rewards
- Choose the birds to put in the slingshot, level up the birds
- Compete in the arena to compare with other players
- Collect silly hats with different fun themes to level up your bird’s fashion game
Hundreds of levels and regularly updates limited-time events. You will take a few minutes to get hooked on this game. Cool sound and effects make it one of the best classic games on the iPhone.
The sports and games that you always loved and played are available on App Store.
18: 8 Ball Pool
If you are a Billiard fan, Miniclip’s 8-Ball Pool is a must-have game. A clean online Billiard experience where you can challenge your friends in PvP mode.
- Player vs Player or Multiplayer modes
- Play multiplayer tournaments with your Facebook friends
- Customize your Cue and pool table
Complete the 3D multiplayer league and become the master of 8 balls in 3D. 8 Ball Pool has different match levels; it does not matter if you are an amateur or pro player. Play against your friend or other competitors of your skill level.
19: Ultimate Golf
A 3D golf game with real golf courses, tournaments and real-time duels. Perfect your swing, drive, and chip to become the golf master. Challenge your Facebook friends in multiplayer championships.
- Real golf multiplayer courses from Wolf Greek Golf Club, Fairmont Banff Springs, Close House, Harbour Town, and Abu Dhabi golf course
- Choose and upgrade the right Clubs
- Participate in amateur and pro leagues
Realistic 3D physics for a perfect Golf stimulation makes it a perfect choice for golf lovers.
20: Bowling Crew
Compete with friends and players from around the world in real-time on the fantastic 3D bowling alley. Upgrade your balls and unlock new competitive series as you master your bowling skills.
- Quick-fire 1v1 real-time gameplay
- Easy to learn bowling system with thousands of online players waiting to be challenged
- Stunning 3D bowling alleys from all around the world
The bowling system is easy to learn but difficult to master. Climb the career ladder in one the best competitive sports.
21: Fishing Clash
Fishing Clash is the best fishing game on App Store. It has the realism of simulator games, sports games’ competitiveness, and fishing’s social aspect. You have access to fishing spots from all over the world.
- Multiplayer challenges and championships
- Fish anywhere: From Kenai River and Florida Coast to Lake Biwa and Loch Ness.
- Catch all types of fishes like trout, carp, bass, and monster fish from deep sea
Breathtaking fishing location whether you prefer fly fishing, trolling, or ice fishing, you will love the fishing spots. A realistic simulator and fresh content every week make it one of the best iPhone games for older adults who love fishing.
More than puzzles and riddles, These 4 brain teasers will make you think out of the box and give you a brain workout.
22: Brain Test
Brain Test has a series of tricky brain teasers to challenge your mind. The brain-pushing experience breaks common sense and puzzles get trickier and more addictive.
- Mind-blowing teasers with unexpected answers
- Available to play offline, highly addictive and fun for all ages
- The best trivia quizzes to provide great exercise for the brain
Simple and clean design with endless fun and brain-pushing games. Idea game for friends and family gatherings.
23: 4 Pics 1 Word
One of the most popular brain teasers on iPhone. You have 4 pictures to guess 1 common word between them. Countless levels from easy to tricky with new puzzles added continuously. The game has over 250,000,000 players worldwide playing in 9 languages.
The winner of the Academics Choice Smart Award and featured as the Most Popular Word Game in 30 countries on the App Store. You are shown 2 pictures that combine to create 1 word. For example, a picture of an EAR and a RING will make EARRING.
Pictoword tests your word-guessing skills. It gets harder as you progress.
- Varying levels of difficulty
- Try guessing words from different categories like Landmarks, Objects and more
- 300+ guessing games, mini teasers and puzzles
Take your time to crack the word and play with friends without WiFi. Think creatively and put your movie and TV trivia skills to test with picture puzzles.
25: Logo Quiz 2023
A quiz game that challenges your memory. Find out how many logos of brands and companies can you recognize. With 1000+ logos from around the world, some are familiar while others are challenging to guess.
Warm up your brain with the logo guessing game. Flags are also added to the game now. New logos are added continuously so you do not run out of logos to guess.
There you have it. A list of the 25 best iPhone games for seniors. Try these free games to see what makes them popular and top-rated games in their category.