While younger generations mostly prefer smartwatches, seniors love their traditional and easy to read watches. A simple digital watch for seniors has many benefits as compared to analog or smartwatches.
Analogue watches are hard to read for the elderly because of their small numbers and symbols. Smartwatches need constant recharging and connection with a smartphone and have many features that are not required for older adults.
Here are the top 10 digital watches for seniors based on our research after evaluating watches from all major brands on basis of ease of use, features, customer feedback, and expert ratings.
5 Simple Digital Watches for Senior Men
This section covers 5 recommended watches for senior men. These watches have excellent feedback and ratings from senior users and industry experts and are best-selling in their category.
1: Golden Hour
Golden Hour’s watch has a simple and tasteful design. It is ultra-thin and lightweight with a wide-angle display with easy-to-read big numbers. Other features include
- Clear Display: Time is clear to read on the EL backlight screen. Luminous display that glows in dark for easy reading.
- Comfortable to Wear: An adjustable 250mm soft rubber strap can fit up to a 9.8-inch wrist.
- Super Light: Lightweight watch (58g) with Ultra-thin case (7.5mm)
- Waterproof: 50M waterproof makes it sweat and rain resistant and suitable for swimming and showering.
- Other Features: Stopwatch, alarm, date and day
- Not suitable for hot water showers and long-term underwater activities such as diving
The large face and big number make it easy to read. The watch is incredibly lightweight and comfortable to wear.
This modern design comes with everything you love about Timex Ironman sports watches; a bold modern design, a large digital screen and a smooth silicon strap.
The features that make it a perfect digital watch for seniors include:
- Ideal Display for Aging Eyes: Extra-large display (422 mm watch face). The big digital numbers are easy to read at arm’s length. Indiglo backlight for nighttime use.
- Multi-Function: 100-hour chronograph with 30 laps of memory. 24-hour countdown timer. 3 alarms (daily, weekly or weekend)
- Water Resistant: Up to 100m (330ft). suitable for swimming, showering and snorkeling but not recommended for diving.
- Excellent Battery Life: Up to 10 years of battery life. Uses 1 lithium metal battery (included).
- Different Style Wrist Band: The silicon strap has a wavy pattern which is more flexible than older styles and seems to fit snugly.
- Some people may find wavy pattern straps uncomfortable.
This watch has dual time zone settings and military time capabilities. An ideal large-face digital watch for seniors with a sporty look and basic functions.
This is a classic old-school design watch by Casio with essential features. Older adults love this durable and reliable basic watch with an easy-to-read digital grey dial face.
- All Basic Features: Auto-calendar feature displays day, date, daily alarm, an hourly alarm -signal and a stopwatch
- Beautiful Classic Design: The stainless-steel design is stylish and perfect for everyday use. The timeless yet distinctively retore design compliments any outfit.
- LED Backlight: A useful feature that makes it easy to read in low light conditions.
- Comfortable to Wear: Stainless steel bracelet is comfortable to wear and doesn’t cause unpleasant feelings. The watch is lightweight and the bracelet is easily adjustable.
- The water-resistant feature withstands accidental splashes but is not recommended for swimming.
This Vintage Casio has its own ardent followers. Three-link bracelet is easy to fold and put in your pocket. Casio’s accuracy and reliability make it an ideal digital watch for seniors.
A large face digital watch for seniors with features that make it an ideal choice for outdoor activities.
- Excellent Features: 24-hour countdown timer, calendar (month day and date), 3 daily, weekday and weekend alarms, 24-hour military time mode.
- Indiglo Light: The large “indiglo” button directly below the screen provides ample light in the darkness to read the entire screen with ease.
- Velcro Band: The band is comfortable and easier to open and close than a standard buckle.
- Durability: This watch has acrylic scratch-resistant glass. It is built to withstand extreme outdoor activities.
- Some people may find this watch bigger in size if they are used to smaller size watches
This watch is highly recommended for people who enjoy outdoor activities and are looking for a durable digital watch.
This dressy-looking watch is suitable for various occasions. The simple and attractive design with the clean display makes it an ideal choice for seniors.
- Lightweight and Slim: Ultra-thin stainless-steel case (7mm). The watch weighs 3.17 ounces only.
- Clean Display: All letters and numbers show up large on the big dial. The display is large enough to read without glasses.
- All Basic Functions: 12/24 hours switch, alarm clock (hourly and daily alarms), auto date, stopwatch, LED light and water resistant (50m).
- Not suitable for a long-time underwater activity
- Watch face is big. Not ideal for seniors who prefer smaller dials.
This watch has an elegant design and a large face where all letters and numbers show up large.
5 Simple Digital Watches for Senior Women
This section covers 5 recommended watches for senior women. These are the top-rated options and best-selling watches for elderly women.
This beautiful large face digital watch for seniors makes a great gift item for women. It stands out because of its stylish design and vibrant colors.
- Comfortable: The navy-blue silicone band is comfortable to wear and comes with double loops.
- Easy to Use: Setting time and using the stopwatch is quick and easy. The numbers are big and easy to read. 4 buttons control the alarm, stopwatch, timer, and light.
- Beautiful Design: The design is sleek and modern looking with vibrant colors. It is packaged well and the metal case gives it a high-quality look.
- No luminous/backlit display to use in low-light situations
This watch makes an ideal gift for elderly women who prefer jewelry designs and large face watches.
This simple digital watch for seniors combines all basic features, durability, and elegant design in one package. It is packed with excellent features for senior women including:
- Featured-Packed: Chronograph, alarm, 12/24 hour, date and day display, stopwatch, LED backlight, Japanese movement for accurate time, water resistant, scratch and shock resistant
- Clear Display: Large dial and LED backlight display, no matter day or night, clearly displays the time
- Suitable for Outdoor Use: Scratch-resistant and shock-resistant make it suitable for outdoor activities and exercise
- Elegant Design: Simple and elegant design makes it a perfect gift item for your parents and elderly loved ones. The flexible silicone band is comfortable and soft to wear. Lightweight and skin-friendly.
- Not Suitable for swimming or diving
The best feature of this digital watch for senior women is that you always have time, date and day on display that you find by having a look at your wrist.
If you like cute and pretty watches on your wrist, this is the best choice for you. The rose gold tone and blush pink top ring will surely get you some compliments.
- Easy to Use: Most seniors love that it comes with the correct time already set. It is easy to use and works well with its basic functions.
- Big Numbers: The LCD display has big numbers for time display. Seconds, day of the week and date are also on display.
- Basic Functions: alarm, dual time, lap time, backlight with 3 seconds delay and water resistant
- The watch has a cute and pretty appearance, more on the youthful side
This simple digital watch for seniors is ideal for women who like pretty designs and are looking for a basic watch with fewer features.
Senior women love and highly rate this digital wristwatch because of its excellent features and durability. It has a sporty appearance and a large display.
- Featured Packed: Display time, date, and day.100-hour chronograph with 10-lap memory, 24-hour countdown timer, 2 time zones, indiglo backlight, water resistance, customizable alarms, and stopwatch features
- Great for Exercise and Outdoor: Wear it when hiking or exercising. Use it for time interval runs. Suitable for swimming, rain, and showers.
- Durable: Wear it 24/7 in all weather. The resin strap is durable and comfortable at the same time. Ideal for everyday wear.
- Some women may find the modest design basic and simple.
It is built for the active lifestyle with its countdown timer, customizable alarm and stopwatch features.
This stylish, compact and lightweight watch for senior women has good size (neither too big nor too small). It comes with all the basic functions of a digital watch for seniors.
- Durable: Users report excellent performance in all conditions. From waterskiing to 100-degree heat and washing dishes in commercial kitchens.
- Background Lighting: Press the lower right-hand button for background lighting. A very useful feature for low-light areas.
- Flexible Band: Silicon-like and fun color flexible band is durable and comfortable to wear.
- No daylight savings time automatically
- No countdown timer
The watch is large enough to see easily at a glance. Other features include day/date/time display, chronograph, dual time, backlight, 24-hour time, and water resistance.
All of the above 10 watches in this list enjoy customer satisfaction and trust with high ratings from industry experts. If you are looking for a simple digital watch for seniors, these are your best options.
Buyer’s Guide: 10 Factors to Consider When Buying a Digital Watch for Seniors
These are key factors to consider when buying a simple digital watch for seniors. Some may be more important than others according to your situation.
1: Easy to Read
Some of the factors that make a watch easier to read include large face size, large numbers, the backlight to read in low light areas, and strong contrast between the background and displayed numbers.
So, choose a large face digital watch for seniors that displays time in big numbers.
2: Less is More
When it comes to the features, basic features are enough for seniors. Most older adults are looking for time, date, day and month, and alarm. Know your or your loved one’s use before buying a watch.
3: Backlighting/ Luminous feature
Make sure the watch has a backlighting feature or it is a luminous watch (that glows in dark) so seniors can use it at night or in low-light areas.
Comfortability is very important for older adults. A lightweight watch with a comfortable silicon strap is an ideal choice. Seniors prefer silicon and flexible bands and may not like stainless steel bracelets.
5: Alarms/ Reminder Option
Most people regularly use alarms to get up in the morning and for medication reminders etc. It is important to have multiple alarm options in a watch for seniors.
All digital watches in the above list come with alarm features.
6: Waterproof/ Water Resistant
A very useful feature to have in a digital watch for seniors. You do not have a problem wearing the watch in rain, on beaches, in the kitchen and while showering or swimming if it is waterproof.
All digital watches reviewed in this article are waterproof/ water resistant.
7: Easy to Use
Make sure buttons are bigger and easy to operate. Setting time, date and alarm should be an easy task. Watches with included batteries are the better choice.
8: Elegant Design
Most seniors prefer simple, classic and elegant designs over shinning and flashing material. Go for a sleek and minimalist design that is graceful to carry. Some seniors may prefer fancy watches with flashy colors.
Know the user’s preference before buying the watch.
9: Precision/ Accuracy
A must-have feature in any watch for seniors, it should tell accurate time and should not lose its accuracy. Most watches lose or gain a few seconds per month but your selected watch should have minimal loss/gain so it does not need a reset.
A simple digital watch for seniors should not cost you a lot. Older adults mostly need basic functions and features in a watch and most digital watches will do the job.